I have to find this movie. The flight scenes are gorgeously done. To see this in a cinema must be awesome
I have to find this movie. The flight scenes are gorgeously done. To see this in a cinema must be awesome
People in the airline industry aren't all serious...
1. On a Continental Flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude And will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."
2. Heard on a Southwest Airline flight. "Ladies and gentlemen, if you wish to smoke, the smoking section on this airplane is on the wing and if You can light 'em, you can smoke 'em."
3. On landing, the stewardess said, "Please be sure to take all of your belongings. If you're going to leave anything, please make sure it's something we'd like to have."
4. "There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but there are only 4 ways out of this airplane"
5. "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride."
6. As the plane landed and was coming to a stop at Ronald Reagan, alone voice came over the loudspeaker: "Whoa, big fella. WHOA!"
7. After a particularly rough landing during thunderstorms in Memphis, a flight attendant on a Northwest flight announced, "Please take care when opening the overhead compartments because, after a landing like that, sure as hell everything has shifted."
8. From a Southwest Airlines employee: "Welcome aboard Southwest flight 245 to Tampa. To operate your seat belt, insert the metal tab into the buckle, and pull tight. It works just like every other seat belt; and, if you don't know how to operate one, you probably shouldn't be out in public unsupervised."
9. "In the event of a sudden loss of cabin pressure, masks will descend from the ceiling. Stop screaming, grab the mask, and pull it over your face. If you have a small child traveling with you, secure your mask before assisting with theirs. If you are traveling with more than one small child, pick your favorite."
10. Weather at our destination is 50 degrees with some broken clouds, but we'll try to have them fixed before we arrive. Thank you, and remember, nobody loves you, or your money, more than Southwest Airlines."
11. "Your seat cushions can be used for flotation; and, in the event of an emergency water landing, please paddle to shore and take them with our compliments."
12. "As you exit the plane, make sure to gather all of your belongings. Anything left behind will be distributed evenly among the flight attendants. Please do not leave children or spouses."
13. And from the pilot during his welcome message: "Delta Airlines is pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry. Unfortunately, none of them are on this flight!"
14. Heard on Southwest Airlines just after a very hard landing in Salt Lake City: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, "That was Quite a bump, and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."
15. Overheard on an American Airlines flight into Amarillo, Texas, on a particularly windy and bumpy day: During the final approach, the Captain was really having to fight it. After an extremely hard landing, the flight attendant said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Amarillo. Please remain in your seats with your seat belts fastened while the Captain taxis what's left of our airplane to the gate!"
16. Another flight attendant's comment on a less than perfect landing: "We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
17. An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers exited, smile, and give them a "Thanks for flying our airline." He said that, in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment. Finally everyone had gotten off except for a little old lady walking with a cane. She said, "Sir, do you mind if I ask you a question?" "Why, no,Ma'am," said the pilot. "What is it?" The little old lady said, "Did we land, or Were we shot down?"
18. After a real crusher of a landing in Phoenix, the attendant came on the horn, " Ladies and Gentlemen, please remain in your seats until Capt. Crash and the Crew have brought the aircraft to a screeching halt against the gate. And, once the tire smoke has cleared and the warning bells are silenced, we'll open the door and you can pick your way through the wreckage to the terminal."
19. Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement: "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today. And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we Hope you'll think of US Airways."
20. A plane was taking off from Kennedy Airport. After it reached a comfortable cruising altitude the Captain made an announcement over the intercom, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Welcome to flight number 293, non-stop from New York to Los Angeles. The weather ahead is good and, therefore, we should have a smooth and uneventful flight. Now sit back and relax... OH, MY GOD! Silence followed, and after a few minutes, the captain came back on the intercom and said, "Ladies and Gentlemen, I am so sorry if I Scared you earlier. While I was talking to you, the flight attendant accidentally spilled a cup of hot coffee in my lap. You should see the front of my pants!" A passenger in Coach yelled, "That's nothing. You should see the back of mine!"
Dalmatica x2 - (Kerianne + Jarom)
Koenig Body - (Ate)
Ebody - (Jackz)
Hecatomb legs - (Roman)
Ridill x3 - (Jackz, Lovelady, Garyko)
Bahamut Staff - (Lovelady)
Bahamut Mask - (Tropicsloth)
Shadow Mantle -(Tropicsloth)
Shadow Ring - (Dillinja)
Crimson Mask x3 - (Aiedan, Kruemel, Kerianne)
Koenig Legs - (Becki, Tropic)
Koenig Feet - (Kruemel)
Gaiters x2 - (Kenzie, Xvenom)
Algol - (Ate, Jackz, Kruemel,..)
KV Head - (Goldo)
Also Romanknight, Misstauren and Goldo finished one Salvage piece already. :D
All this wouldnt be possible without the great team work and the hard work put behind it. Nobody is xping at HNM times. ToDs are hunted down and people always drop everything if anything pops up.
<3 TSD :D Lets keep going this way!!!
I am sorry for not having updated in 2 weeks. But real life has me in a choke hold at the moment. So I cant stay up all night playing FFXI. Still I have a big update to make!
A lot has happened to TSD in the last 2 weeks. We got a lot of HNMs, some I dont have Screens of and will forget to mention here.
We got atleast 3 pulls in the last two weeks.
One brought us the THIRD!!! Ridill for TSD. Who said Ridill is a rare drop <.<
Congratulations LL well deserved. Ridill + Baha Staff pimp man!
Fafnir I was present at:
The Third Fafnir was beaten by only 8 people. I wasnt able to log in at that time. But great job guys!
CFH Fafnir ~
Ahhh why did I miss that particular event? ._.
Zen CFH on Fafnir and of course everyone on hate list got eradicated. ^_^
We pulled our 3rd Niddy. I was huffing and puffing as WHM to Dragons Aery while LS was fighting already.
Congratulations Jackz!!!! 3 King Bodys now. <.< You wont get Kbody till you leveled PLD though!
This was a pretty easy fight as far as I remember. Not to wing happy either. :)
Well truth is i was so busy hitting "roll" and taking pictures that I didnt watch any HP bars lol.
King Behemoth ~
No pictures but TSD was able to pull another KB. Becki was online at the time and hi-jacked my Klegs!!! -despair- lol ^_-
Dynamis Lord ~
Garyko's Dynamis LS wanted to do another DL run and of course we helped out. 2nd Attempt and 2nd win. No Ring droped though, would have been mine ._. -sobs-
You might say, what does a WHM need a Shadow Ring for??? I DO happen to have a PLD, but we have no full time WHM in TSD atm. <.<
Congratulations Cauter on Mantle and Becki on PLD Body!
OMG Dill not as Ninja! ~
Please note that is ME on Tropicsloth lol. Not that missunderstandings pop up. <.<
-hides from Tropics wrath-
Not FFXI related.
Pirates 3. Finally one of the 3 (third) movies that didnt disappoint. Spiderman 3 was a complete joke. Too much going, in fact I would have cut sandman completly out of the movie for no. 4. Venom was nicely made but way to short... geez.
Shrek 3, watchable but very boring compared to no. 2.
Pirates 3, not perfect but by far the best of these 3 movies. Great completion of the storyline though the copys of Jack could have been left out for improvement. ^_^
Oh ja, watch the secret ending after the credits rolled!
TY so much Canda and Roman for the help! m(_ _)m
Of course the picture cant show how great this is in game. Just think old arcade flying simulator games. F-12 XD
Farming will be even faster now plus I can start Netherdrake quest as soon as patch is released! -dance-
I more and more grew to hate the camping and the scene. All that biggering in a game made me annoyed. Which lead to my canceling Kruemel a few month back to enjoy wow.
Once I heard TSD was made plus Tropic joining them too that was a reason to come back. I ensured to keep avoiding trash talk and such with the simple method of blisting happily and filtering say and shouts.
Why this wall of text? Its a good intro for our latest Tiamat event on Shiva. The last few pops have been very annoying for me. Tons of people, tons of wipes, tons of drama. ~_~ Why me?
I was happily farming gold in WoW for my in-famous epic flying mount when RK /whisper me that JP had Tiamat and he would keep me updated. Finally MSN message came from Dill that they wiped and he needed me. At a bad time too. Canada and I finally found the time to run an instance together!
While trying to keep up with my group in wow I loaded FFXI on my laptop and corner bumping arrived at Attowah. Dill saying in LS that Tiamat was stuck in rage... 1 min later he told Xven to pull it anyway. Man that made me bad. Everyone who heared Roman go "burst" on vent before, picture that with female voice and german yelling lol. I arrived at camp to see the death/wipe starting to happen.
So I started mea-ing the surviving people in tank pt out of there. >_> Of course leaving the add pt pretty much to die. <.<
Anyhow for me that Tiamat was lost due to other LS beeing there and went afk on mea pat focusing back on WoW.
I also slowly when I had time moved back to Tia camp. I noticed CoD wiping and giving (atleast it looked like that to me) Tiamat to AT. Kinda amusing. AT also wiped and we pulled again. Tia not beeing in rage mode anymore thank god.
I was only on brd but i can tell you running an instance on mage plus doing a tiamat fight at the same time sucks. I actually sucked so bad at it I was standing right in the middle when Tiamat decided to Flame Breath me. ROFL! I looked back at FFXI and saw me kissing the ground after taking 2.5k dmg
O.o ??? Wtf, what attack does 2.5k dmg??? XD Took me a few sec to realize I was had been standing in breath zone.
- During that time I also got a tell complaining about a "mpk" from Jackz. In a prickly attitude at that. Me already beeing annoyed didnt feel like arguing at all about something I had no clue about . So I cut that convo short.
- It just boggles my mind that anyone from CoD could think Jackz would try to mpk CoD. Give me a good reason why he would do that? A "so we dont claim" doesnt count. No ls there had a good holding team and was prone to wipe anyway while it was stuck in rage mode.
Jackz hates nobody in CoD and the stupidity of assuming so makes me wanna roll my eyes. Instead of going "burst" on me, try talking to Jackz in a calm manner?
Though I noticed CoDs attitude towards TSD been pretty bad and going worse by the weeks. Anyhow I try to stay out of all this LS bickering as good as I can. But when people start crying Jackz MPK them then I need to make a statement.
-I had to calm down an upset Jackz that kept on saying CoD accusing him of MPK. After the fight when I asked him about it.
Actions can be missunderstood to easily. I remember when this Striderx CFH on CoDs Nidhogg. Everyone slowly started logging of hate. I was the last one with hate and kept on running around the room to buy some time for people to pop back in. Or rather to live a few sec longer. Later on Tropic told me Zen was crying MPK on me.
??? It seems Nidhogg must have breathed while I was running around like a headless chicken killing a few bystanders. -.- Then accusing me of aimed MPK. XD (of course I can trigger niddy to breath at this particular spot at the right time <.<)
Same stupid jump to conclusions here. -.- Propably from a person that been twitchy about TSD for weeks.
- Of course CoD had to try to pay back (behaving just as bad as the assumed mpk from jackz, making it as bad as the accused action. Do you think beeing only no.2 in "MPK" attempt makes it less worse? XD how amusing)
Hh conveniently didnt log of hate once they gave Tia to AT. Or AT took it idk. So when TSD tried to pull it kept on going to HH. Him loving to run all over the place with it too. Too bad it didnt flail XD.
So yes, anyone reading this not in a HNM shell. Think twice before joining one, all this drama is very annoying. People jump to conclusions, hold a grudge, flame or bitch against each other. ~_~ Thinking they are right or having the patent for beeing the "good guys". Or forgetting there is ALWAYS two point of views.
And a long blist and filters wont save you from all of this. -sigh- This is worse than fighting in a sandbox over the bucket during kindergarden.
Back to topic ~
Once I saw my dual-playing of 2 different games wont do any good I logged of wow. Since our killing time on tiamat was verryyy slow I logged in Tropics brd moved him into tank pt and warped my taru for smn.
Still during my wow + ffxi dual time:
woops I thought I had dill on <t> <.<
Goldo died once on us during the fight. I hate the pressure when just one tank is alive. I keep watching them with a hawk eye. But only having Cure III sucks -_-
WOOT on drops. Congratulations Xvenom for the gaiters!!!
After this dramabomb I need to take a few days off again. gogo drama free wow. (bliss)
King Behemoth ~
RMT claimed it, and compared to last time they did better. Very slow damage, lots of death of course...
Zen and us had fun tractoring around dead RMTs <.< Had to get them into save zone!
At around 20 something procent they finally wiped and it went unclaimed. And we got our 2nd KB from a wiped RMT pull. We only had around 10 minutes left to down the those 20% with only 6 people.
With like 1 min to spare we did it. Baka dill running into Meteor on Ate lol. I was only heal, refresh and enfeeble ~_~;
I was ready to 2h Blizzard nuke but Maschera beat me to it. XD
Congratulations LL for the legs!
And after passing 2 Crimson Mask to people that play RDM 24/7 I was happy to finally lot it. m(_ _)m ty guys!
Since no AF2 hat this piece is HOT!
<.< Once I have all 3 Black Belt items I gonna level mnk >.>
King Item No.2!! /bow
When I finally logged in I must have been a happy charm! 2 HNM in like 4h for us :D
pretty dog! :D
When I logged of to brush my teeth and go sleep I heard my MSN receiving a messages. Khim was so nice to pop right after I logged off. <.< Naturally I restarted my laptop. Poor Tropic didnt get one sword today though. No Algol or Haut XD
Also Aie was blur again and missed fulmation (spelling) stun. /spank!
Jackz took over stun and got the next one. Just for Khim to follow right up with another. So we ate two of them. To bad i didnt get a better SS of it, the animation looks cool. A bit like Ramuhs 2h in my opinion.
Fun Screens ~
(<3 Mr. Rush it!)
w dills character is just as quirky as mine ^_-
World of Warcraft ~
Yep I have to admit I was playing WoW instead of FFXI last week. I still have to make 5k gold. I am at 3.2 at the moment @_@. Oh I so love to quest in Outland, tons of giggles and fun adventures:
- Having to collect rotting eggs makes you wanna puke XD
- Costumes of wanna be galkas!
- Flash back to Metal Gear Solid paper cover XD
- Turn into a dragon in wow, np! <.< frightening dragon hear me roar!
- Feeding Netherdrakes for reputation with the fraction. Cant wait to get one of my own!
So I finally did my first Karazhan Raid with my new guild.
I have to say WoW players arent as diciplined (sounds like a teacher lol) as FFXI. Its a 10 man raid. And it takes less time than fighting Tiamat (you dont run the whole raid in one day). Still people constantly go afk, or leave raid before time. On top of that it isnt even every day. 2 times a week is a bit too less for my taste. Also raid leader complained about my dps. Duhh first time, sorry I dont just dps away but have to see how the boss behaves.
"Every boss fight in WoW needs a different strategy even more so than FFXI sometimes"
Or on random mobs in there I have never fought, how am I supposed to push out top DPS if nobody tells me if I should focus on the adds or the main? ~_~; Oh well I will do a few more runs if this still isnt for me, more for the fact of attitudes of people I will just stick to happy questing. I guess I am too used to FFXI standards/behaviours. :X
Blizzard really tried to make all the new instances/raids more fun. Putting more event boss encounters into the game. Here an opera you participate on. Depending on what is playing you will get a different boss fight.
Last week I have been focusing more on WoW. Mainly because I have to make 5.2k gold for my epic flying mount. Which is needed for the next patch updated Nether Drake mount. My own dragon that lets me fly on it! XD
Also Brax, Jak, Canada got me into a nice guild that is running Kara at the moment. First time I will actually Raid XD.
Anyhow thats the reason why I wasnt 24/7 on FFXI last week, but dont worry I still got a few nice screens and events ^_-
When I was finally free to login for my favourite Dragon it was already near 40%. Even with only 2-3 smn we have a fast killing time. Though this time Becki had fun on DRK XD.
I was also dualboxing Tropics BRD on top of my WHM. I am getting better at this. Though a BRD is of course a very easy dualboxed class. The horror comby would be tank + rdm. <.<
Forgot to take SS of drop, lets just say it was a lol oxblood not even a fire crystal <.<. Well for me its the fight that counts anyway.
Another dualboxed fight for me. Third Aspid for us and we are now 2/3 on Dalmatica on it. :)
Congratulations Jarom for the Dalmatica :D
Another easy dog. Some random bystanders were standing to near and got eaten by AOE effects. Also Tropics comment on GoH danger of going through:
I was so very tired when Tropic msn me for this. ~_~ I was totally blur during this fight but I was only BRD so np of screwing up <.<
Bitch talk ~
I HATE the log in process on FFXI. WHY THE F**K do I have to click through so many SLOW loading screens till I am finally in the game???? WoW I click on one sceen, give in password, click on character... and am in the game. Takes 30 sec top. I dont need all that other POL crap -.-
Word of Warcraft
Ahh I enjoy this game so much. Mainly for the fact that you dont need that much time as FFXI. Hop in and solo if you dont have much time. Or run an instance when you have a couple of hours.
I heard many people say they dont like the wow grapic. Well it looks great in motion, on Screenshots its just blah I guess. FFXI looks nice on SS or in motion. Though WoW has more going on, talking NPC more workable interface. You can turn your character into a pirate have pets. So much fun!
I dont know HOW many times I have run BRD. But it needed my 70 mage and Canadas 70 Warrior to get pass that damn room of 30 sec repoping mobs to get to the last boss. XD
While hoping for a HQ we pulled Behemoth. Some gil income atleast :)
While I was blissfully sleeping TSD managed to pull an Aspid. Congratulations Keri on your Dalmatica!!! Sorry I missed the big event.
I am playing FFXI on a 3 year old laptop. Hence I never managed to pull any HNM in my FFXI career. Though I think it was me that flashed this Nidhogg at one. I might be wrong with all the lag going on. I just know my blink shadows kept on disapearing XD
During the fight:
(he also got terror before roar I think, cant remember w I just know oneshotted pld)
<.< Kbody where? lol Congratulations Roman!!! :D
King Behemoth ~
To finish the deal we also claimed KB. XD Best weekend ever!
Of course I lost lot on Koenig Legs ._. 105 lot vs 400 something. Next time! :)
Congrats Ate on legs and Aiedan on mask!
While me and Roman were busy destroying ST in worldofwarcraft, Cerberus poped. We killed a few dragons in wow
and managed to finish the instance when Cerberus hit 25%HP.
Tiamat poped and Cod wiped twice to it. Zen beat us to it and proceeded to kill it. A GM poped, and I have to say lately they like to not stay invisible <_< Attention whores
I like the glowing shield...otherwise that armor is sooooo 2001 lol
KS 99 ~
I asked LS if they wanted to do a Fafnir KS99. It turned out we had 9 persons with 99 seals @_@. To bad no speedbelt droped. Also this was the smoothest KS99 I ever did. Fast kill time too.
When it was Beckis turn I was so tired I actually zoned out....once I refocused on screen I was the only one standing on that platform. O.O HUH??!!!! Everyone already entered leaving the WHM stranded outside. . .
NP though people killed the Wyrm and I went zzz. I think they did another run without me.
I think these turned out nicely so <.< enjoy
Funny Screens ~
Not FFXI related:
I sooo cant wait for this patch to go online!!!
The Netherwing faction and quest line continues and the long awaited Nether Drake becomes available. The Nether Drake is a special 280% speed epic flying mount that is obtainable through solo and small-group play. The quest to obtain one will be difficult, but the reward will surely show your dedication to the Netherwing cause as you soar through the skies of Outland on your very own ethereal drake"
Also I love the Casino Royal movie. Such a well done new makeup of Bond. And an awesome actor that fits the new profile. Hot title song too...
This week + weekend will be fairly slow in updates. Mainly because I am a bit busy with work at the moment. So my playtime is shifted to normal German day time. Also aside from Ouryu on Saturday we dont have anything planned.
Riv/Ate was so happy over his abj he refuse to turn it in till he had a HQ synth. Finally yesterday the crafting result was a Kaiser Body. 1/22
Result of Dill trading me some Fireworks:
I am emo I missed this Fafnir fight! This is the 2nd Ridill drop for TSD since I joined. Congrats Jackz!
Roman and Jackz decided to have an e-peen "Ridill dmg Duell" in form of a merit pt. <_< Of course Roman won, RDM merits vs DD merits. :P
Not FFXI related:
@ Ixedoll ~
I catch myself having the urge to re-play FF8. I dont know what triggered that particular desire. Granted it is my favourite Final Fantasy game, but I havent touched it in.. oh forever. I should dig it out of my "old video game collection" and take it for a spin in my very first german ps2 edition. If the PS2 is still working mind you. I rebought an US version and JP once my stone-age ps2 showed stroke symptoms.
Ohh the danger of vanishing for days behind a game controler.